IS IT A BIRD is looking for a skilled senior designer that can aid us in our quest for putting people at the center of business decisions.
We are looking for a senior designer to join our team, a designer confident in providing clear recommendations for our clients once we have the data and humble enough, not to do so, when we don’t. We are looking for a creative doér that has the urge to prototype and test to help move the project forward with new learnings and provide data to aid us in pinpointing strategic opportunities for our clients.
IS IT A BIRD is a strategic innovation agency and we experience great demand for the combination of deep user understanding and development of strategic concepts that can enhance our customers’ business. Therefore, we are expanding our team of designers and are looking for an experienced and dynamic designer with mastery of a wide range of design methods within user-centered innovation while at the same time being able to navigate strategically in the cooperation with both our private and public customers.
We are looking for a capacity that, like us, is dedicated to understand and design for humans and business and is passionate about finding solutions that create great value for both parties.
You will have a leading role in our innovation projects, and contribute with the following:
- Develop strong concepts and prototypes based on human insights and the ability to test these.
- Contribute with diverse prototyping skills, enabling us to select the best format for the assignment such as: storyboards, sketches, visual scenarios, clickable digital prototypes, videos etc.
- Skills within service design, leading processes delivering customer journeys, service blueprints etc.
- Assist in identification of new user needs in the market (in close cooperation with our strong team of anthropologists and other social science disciplines).
- Design and facilitation of co-creation workshops.
- Take part in defining processes and approaches that clearly address our clients´challenges when writing proposals and pitching projects.
- Conversion of insights into concepts, strategy and new business opportunities.
Beside this you will have a crucial role in developing and improving IIABs deliveries to our customers.
We expect you to:
- Come with experience, ideally from consultancy, but most importantly be able to showcase past work and what results/effect your work had, utilizing user-centered design processes. We will favour applicants that can showcase having applied design thinking to uncover and validate new business areas and project the impact of new initiatives (business design skills)
- Be able to lead processes and deliveries, and take responsibility for your colleagues in a small project team
- Be able to utilize deep insights to enable innovation and to be familiar with the link between design, business and new technological opportunities.
- Be a designer by heart firmly believing in the design thinking approach and with the ability to passionately pitch and communicate this to our clients to help them understand and learn.
- Be able to communicate clearly both in writing and speech and through the development of visual models and presentations.
- Be able to communicate fluently in Danish and English (written and spoken).
It is a great advantage if you have experience with international customers or have been working abroad.
We guarantee you:
- Great influence on both scope and completion of your own projects.
- Great responsibilities in the form of project manager and client responsibilities in complex innovation processes.
- Interesting and meaningful innovation projects in the field between strategy, analysis and design.
- An innovative environment with skilled colleagues and both social and professional activities along the way.
- The possibility to leave your mark and be part of a young and dynamic business.
IS IT A BIRD is a strategic innovation bureau residing in Valby. We combine deep user insights and strategic design to develop new business concepts, strategy and innovation capacity. We have high ambitions, a candid mood and appreciate an informal and humorous tone, both at the office and in relation to our customers. See more about our approach, colleagues and cases here: www.isitabird.dk
Deadline is the 25th of January. Send application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Lead innovation strategist Søren Pedersen at email@example.com or phone +45 71 99 48 03.