IS IT A BIRD is looking for an experienced Lead Designer that can aid us in our quest of putting people at the centre of business decisions.
We are looking for a Lead Designer to join our team – one who is confident in providing clear recommendations for our clients, yet humble enough to admit what they don’t know.
We are looking for a creative leader who loves to apply the design thinking toolbox to push things forward, and is motivated by the opportunity to provide strategic input to our clients.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced designer with expertise in a wide range of design skills within the field of user-centred innovation, and the ability to navigate between private and public clients. We’re looking to work with someone, who like us, is motivated by the opportunity to create value for both people and business.
You’ll take a leading role within our innovation projects and contribute with:
- Leading projects within service- and product development utilizing and UX design methodologies ie. conceptualisation, storytelling, prototyping, testing and workshop facilitation.
- Developing our toolkit of design skills and enabling us to experiment with new forms ie. storyboard, sketches, visual scenarios, digital prototypes, videos.
- Designing and facilitating co-creation workshops with clients.
- Assisting in identifying emerging user needs in collaboration with our team of anthropologists and social scientists.
- Defining approaches that clearly address client needs when writing proposals and pitching projects.
- Converting human insights into concepts, strategy and new business opportunities.
We expect you to:
- Have a minimum 6-7 years of experience (ideally from another consultancy)
- Have experience working at the intersection of design and business and from that be able to define clear strategies for our clients.
- Be a firm believer of the design-thinking approach with the ability to convincingly communicate the value to our clients.
- Be a strong communicator and storyteller in written, verbal and visual formats.
- Be able to lead processes and delivery, and take responsibility for colleagues within a project team.
- Be involved and also lead sales processes, writing proposals and pitching to clients.
- Be able to communicate fluently in Danish and English, both written and spoken. Experience working with international clients is a plus.
We guarantee you:
- Influence over the scope and delivery of your own projects, with the ability to experiment with new forms.
- Responsibilities in the form of project management and client liaison within complex innovation processes.
- Opportunity to work on impactful projects within the field between strategy, research and design.
- A playful work environment with highly skilled colleagues and a good social atmosphere.
- Opportunity to make your mark and be part of a young dynamic business.
IS IT A BIRD is a strategic innovation agency located in Valby. We combine deep user insights and strategic design to develop new business concepts, strategy and innovation capacity. We have high ambitions, take a candid approach and appreciate an informal and humorous tone both at the office and in relation to our customers. See more about our approach, colleagues and cases here: www.isitabird.dk
Application and deadline
The deadline for applications is the 7th May, but we will conduct interviews on a continuous basis.
To apply, please send a CV and portfolio email@example.com.
Please include a portfolio of past work where you’ve implemented user-centered design to define services and products. We’d love to see user maps and prototypes, as well as the impact you’ve work has had for the client.
Questions regarding the position can be directed to Lead Innovation Strategist, Søren Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org